«
»

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Challenge #18


REALLY?? I MEAN REALLY?!
We all have those events that happen, or those people we meet when you just say REALLY?
I can't believe this is even happening! Who is this person and why in the world have they crossed my path?
These things ONLY happen to me, it's crazy!!
Did I just drop my phone in the toilet really?
Did they really just say that to me??
I cannot believe I did that in front of everyone!
You know those crazy moments that leave you speechless because it's too much!
That's the page I challenge you to get dirty with!
Our Awesome SPONSORS!!!!!!


COPIC Marker




You can win a FREE pack of 9 COPIC Markers!!!!!!!

&

Some Odd Girl





You can also win 3 digital images from Some Odd Girl Stamps!

Here is what the amazing Design Team came up with to Inspire you!

HOLLY:


*used images from our sponsor - Some Odd Girl*
Journaling reads:
There are times when I try to diffuse feelings of nervousness with humor. And sometimes when I do, I mess up a cliche or end up not being funny at all in front of others. Its those moments when I wish I could be like an owl and fly to the top of a tree and hide away. And I think, "Really? Did I just say that out loud?" Sometimes I think my dog has it super easy. All she has to do is look cute - never worrying about what to say in social situations.

VICKILYN:



Journaling reads:
At the ripe old age of 21, I was essentially an orphan. Yes, I was an adult, but you know as well as I do that you really don’t know anything at that age - even though you really think you know it all! After losing my mother to an aneurysm at the base of her brain just short of my 19th birthday, did I really do something so bad in life to lose my father to a heart attack at age 21? I don’t think so. However, that wasn’t the worst part...when my father passed away, I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter - his first grandchild - who he missed seeing my less than a month. Did life really need to be that cruel? Although it may not sound it, I’m really not bitter about it and I know this is just real life, but I do still have to ask myself...WHY?

LAURAJEAN:


Journaling reads: While visiting my bestfriend in Raleigh, NC, we decided to take the kids to the museum on a Monday Holiday. When I started to park, I noticed the sign "Assigned Parking ONLY, Violators will be towed", but Pam said it was fine since it was a holiday, so I parked and didn't think twice about it again. Well, when we entered the garage to leave, I was shocked to find my car gone(okay, I was hystersical)!! Thinking my car at been stolen, we headed to the police station only to find out that my car had actually been towed!!!!What?!? Apparently, the gentleman had come to work to find my car parked in his assigned spot in the garage, so he had me towed...I could have strangled Pam!!! She was parked right next to me and of course, her car wasn't towed!! I do believe the guy at the garage took pity on me and only charged me $20, but lesson learned, I will NEVER listen to my bff again...its all funny now, looking back on it!!!

Amy:

Journaling:
Koen, Sometimes the things you do and say catch me off guard. Where on earth do you come up with these things?! Like when you do something that you know amuses someone else you turn around and say, "I'm funny?" Yes, sweetie - you are. We were watching a cooking show one day and ever since then you walk around punctuating sentences with - BAM! You are Superman, Spiderman, and the Hulk at any given time and your love for cars just overwhelms me at times. You, Koen, are so much like your father; it's a wonderful thing! You even picked up on my counting bit and repeat it at any given chance. You just make me laugh so hard and thinking to myself "Oh really Now?" Koen, you bring out my inner childish playful side and show me how to love stronger. You challenge me on a daily basis and make me a better person. A better mother. I love you so much, my little monster butt!

Pinky:



I used to wonder if I was being sensitive but then
I met you in person. I STILL cannot believe how mean and rude you are.
I cannot believe you told me to remember I was a NOBODY and I was there to take your messages.
I really did not think people acted that way.
I guess I am pretty naïve.
To some people you have the world in your hands, but to me you have nothing because you are so ugly on the inside it shows on the outside and it must be pretty painful to be you. I feel bad for you and something pretty bad must have made you the way you are today.
Still there is no excuse to be so rude and nasty not only to me but to others around me.
I am sad for you.



We will draw a winner for the last challenge...*TOMORROW!*


15 Dirty Comments:

Gloria said...

I hope I am not too late. I wanted to do a lo for this. It has been awhile since I posted so hang on and bare with me.

Gloria said...

[IMG]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/gumby85/P9250002-1.jpg[/IMG]

ok here is my link. I am battling a none winning battle with my sons school. my son does not learn like others and he struggles. I called to get a conference with his principal who was supposed to help me and she refused to talk to me and hung the phone up on me. I just am in a speachless frame of mind over this situation.

melody said...

wow ~ what a kewl challenge...i'm so gonna think on this one...and try and tackle it when i get home next week!

dt ~ you totally rawked the los! i love reading your journaling

Jodi said...

Awesome lo's ladies!!! Fabulous takes on the challenge! As always, such touching journaling!!

Liz said...

Great work ladies..
Pinky sometimes people are not happy with themselves that's why they lash out at others.
EVERYBODY IS SOMEBODY NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY

Christine said...

Love this challenge. It was so therapeutic for me. TY!
http://www.tallyscrapper.com/scrapbook_gallery_view.php?layout_id=58335

Gloria said...

christine great lo. so sorry you had to experience all that. so sad.

Patti H said...

I did one. My first one. Loved this challenge.

http://nannierocks.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-blog-challenge.html

BTW I love this blog and your challenges are always great. A new place to play along with

melody said...

whohoo ~ i'm back ~ and got the challenge done! thanks chickie for your inspiration!

here's my lo:
to all my scrappin friends...really

Pinky said...

I am so blown away by the amazing work you all have done!

MaRLeNeF said...

i love all your layouts girls!!!! xxx marlene

Karen Williams said...

He he. It gave me a chance to Scrap my daughter's painted face

http://icouldbescrapbookinginstead.blogspot.com/2010/10/oh-really.html

Fluffy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fluffy said...

oops wrong link!
Here is mine (she says ever hopeful lol)
http://stresstickled.blogspot.com/2010/10/dirty-scraps-challenge-18.html
Hugs
Tracee x

Laurajean said...

WOWSERS ladies...LOVE everyone's layouts..you guys are Rockin' it :)

**Gloria, I can't get your link to work, can you repost it ;)