«
»

Friday, September 10, 2010

Challenge #17

The Moment


The first year hubby and I met we were together Christmas Eve...we were talking and everything was so exciting, we ended up staying up all night until Christmas morning. Every year now we spend Christmas Eve together on the sofa or by the tree, chattering about the year and our lives until we both pass out.
The first time, it was one of those "Moments" you know those unexpected spontaneous moments that you will never forget and has changed a part of your life.
I challenge you today to look deep in your heart and find that forgotten moment, that moment you never talk about but you treasure in your heart, that moment that changed the way you saw yourself or you saw the person you were in it with.

No it does not have to be a romantic moment or a sweet moment it can be any moment you want. Good, bad, or even ugly!
Now go get DIRTY!



Our Awesome SPONSORS!!!!!!


COPIC Marker




You can win a FREE pack of 9 COPIC Markers!!!!!!!

&

Some Odd Girl





You can also win 3 digital images from Some Odd Girl Stamps!






Shawna


Journaling: The Moment I found out I was with child my life changed.

It was no longer about me.

I had to stop being selfish and start making better decisions.

You are the best thing that ever happened to me.



Marlene

The design team got to play with some digital images from Some Odd Girl.


The sun is called "Sunny Rays" from the nature collection and the cute owl is called "Hoot" from the critters collection.


Journaling reads...

You walked into my room one day.

You gave me a big hug and said...

"Mom, you're the best mom I ever had. I love you."

It was totally spontaneous and filled

my heart with so much joy.

To know that I'm doing a pretty decent job

as a mother is the best feeling ever!



Jodi


The squirrels are a digi stamp from Some Odd Girl.

Journaling: Not in my wildest dreams could I have imagined how much one phone call would change my life. I called in search of a job. While talking with you, I discovered so much more. In your voice there was genuine sincerity...something special that helped me find the hope that I was grasping for, the confidence that had dwindled over the years, and the strength that had long ago been tucked away. You made me feel whole, important, and safe. I knew what I had to do, you drove away my fears, and gave me the power to stand on my own two feet. I called seeking a job, but in that one call I found so much more...I found life.


Kelly



More about Some Odd Girls Stamps


Some Odd Girl is the place to find fun and quirky digis that I know you will love! Some Odd Girl was inspired by two great friends who are such dolls! They took one of my pencil drawings and made it into red rubber and that act of generosity spiraled into what you see today. I am a married FTWM of 2 who has a hubby who not only loves me but supports my crafting and my site as my IT guy. What more could a girl want? I am an artist born who started out with pencils then acrylics and now scrapbook and am a cardmaker. I design things that I love and hope you have as much fun with our stamps as we do! Join us on September 21 for the release of our new Tinies line and don't forget about our monthly freebies and SOG Points program.

10 Dirty Comments:

Carla said...

Awesome lay outs girls.......and LOVE LOVE LOVE all the SOME ODD GIRLS images.you girls rocked it!

melody said...

fabulous los dt! you rawk! and what a great challenge for this round! hope to join in the fun

oh...and yummy images!

Heidi McGregor said...

I just want to say that this blog is totally refreshing... it's great to be challenged to scrap those moments that may not be all shiny and happy. This is my first time posting... and I'm not sure if I should post my link here or do it some other way... so here it is :o)
Challenge #17

Haf Scraps said...

As always, I love the layouts. Go Team Raw!

melody said...

whohoo ~ i'm back ~ and i've done the challenge ~ thanks so much chickies for your inspiration! you rawk!

here's my lo:
from the moment

Christine said...

Loved this challenge especially since dropping my daughter off at college last month and realizing that me and the hubby got to share the moment together. it was that moment that made the rough spots worth it for we wouldn't of had the same experience had it been any other way. thanks!
http://www.tallyscrapper.com/scrapbook_gallery_view.php?layout_id=58130

Crystal said...

gorgeous lo's everyone! such an inspirational dt! love this challenge & it is my first time playing along too...so here is the link to my LO project! http://scrapcandydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/09/laugh-framed-canvas-lo.html

Laurajean said...

fabulous layout ladies...U always blow me away with your talent :)

MoMo sprnany said...

Here is my entry for this challenge! I thought the d.t. did an amazing job with this one! They never disappoint!

http://just4scrappin.blogspot.com/

Sandy Ang said...

What great inspiration !