«
»

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Challenge #10 **Serenity**

Team Dirty
Challenge #10 May 25th

Serenity
We all have a safe place we go back to time and time again, whether it be a person, an animal, a walk on the beach, your big comfy bed, that special chair.
That one thing in life that grounds you and gives you complete serenity.
Your safe haven, your inner peace, your world completed.
Give homage to that special place.



And the Sponsor for this Challenge is another FABuLous prize from


AMY



Mom’s Chair. A very Special chair. One might look at it and see just a simple piece of furniture, but to me it is so much more. I look at this chair and I see happiness. Happiness from the past, present, and future. I see all 3 of my children late at night snuggled up to me as I rock them to sleep, as I sing them silly songs that only a mother can sing. I see me reading ‘The Cat in the Hat’ just one more time, over and over. This chair has had another life other than the one my family has given it. It was handed down to me by my dear cousin Jenny, who used it to rock her own 2 babies to sleep. This rocking chair is history, it is love. Once a light oak color, but sanded and refinished by my husbands own two hands just to make me happy. Now that my babies are older this chair sits perfectly placed on my front porch. I sit in it and watch my children play. I sit in it late at night, enjoying the fresh air while having endless talks with my husband about anything and everything ever imaginable. This chair to me is so important. It’s the one place where I can go and everything else fades away and all I see is a state of calm. It’s my serenity. My peace. My happiness. My memories all combined into a piece of wood. A very important, always loving, piece of beautiful rocking chair wood.



Lara



Serenity - Dirty Scraps


These days what gives me the most peace of mind, and where I immediately go to when feeling anxious, is my art - and more specifically acrylic painting. I've really been exploring textures and shapes and tearing apart and putting back together.

Serenity - Dirty Scraps Macro

This layout combines all of these things - it was so much fun to work on! A couple of techniques I used were - smooshing paint (which i actually just did a
tutorial on) and using Punchinella for stencil and embellishment.




KELLY






Laurajean





You are my safe haven!! I'm very fortunate to have a wonderful and supportive bestfriend, companion, husband and lover!! No matter what I've done or said in the past, I know he has my back!! I love you Bill with all of my heart!! May 24,2010


HOLLY









And now for the Winner of the Awesome Prize from


for Challenge #9 is:

**MY Creative Brightside** and she said...
here is mine! Great challenge ladies!!
http://mycreativebrightside.blogspot.com/2010/05/dirty-scraps-challenge.html
Congratulations girl!!!

12 Dirty Comments:

Haf Scraps said...

Congratulations to My Creative Brightside!! Lovely layout. Thanks for playing along!!

Carla said...

YEH congrats for the awesome prize, Im sure that you will love it. Great job on the lay outs girls.....you totally ROCKED this challenge.

Lynnette Davis said...

Congrats My Creative Brightside! Awesome examples from the DT and AMY....you rocked it girl....no pun intended. ;-) Love that rocking chair LO!

Check out my sweet serenity here.....
http://desperatearmyhousewife.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-sweet-serenity.html

MY Creative Brightside said...

thanks girls im so excited i won let me know if i have to email bella blvd...very excited for the next chalenge

Keepsake's Crafts said...

Here's MY Page

Sara said...

fabulous challenge and the dt did an amazing job with the samples-i'm so happy i finally had the chance to play along :)

hope you like:

http://scraphappie.blogspot.com/2010/05/serenity-now.html

Mona L. Pendleton said...

All of the LO's here are gorgeous! I'm glad I found your site via Lynn who visited my blog & left a sweet comment :) Can't wait to play along!

Lynn said...

Yes yes Mona please play along with us!
The challenges are so addictive you'll be hooked! :)

Ziggyeor said...

http://ziggyeor.blogspot.com/2010/05/house-mouse-and-dirty-scraps.html

Here's the link to mine :D not too far to scroll down I'm trying not to make so many posts in one day so just a little ways past the card.

MoMo sprnany said...

Here's mine! Love these challenges ladies! The DT team is incredible as always!
http://just4scrappin.blogspot.com/

crazed scrapbooker said...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/sexymummie2005/IMG_2303.jpg

not sure if i posted right , previously for the serenity challenge..but good luck to all

Karen said...

I did it! I finally got brave enough!!!! Here is my entry . . .
http://craftingwithkaren.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-1st-dirtyscraps.html
Thanks for letting me play along.