«
»

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dirty Scraps Challenge #6

Challenge #5 WINNER will be posted tomorrow!

Challenge #6
I know we all have those moments when we say
"Man I was totally wrong what was I thinking??" or "Where was my head??"

It is always a good thing to look back...reflect
on a mistake or lesson learned and remember how we got here in life
and how that mistake or lesson helped us move along.
After all what good are mistakes if we do not learn from them?

So this week's challenge is to scrap one of those DOH! moments!
It does not have to be negative,
it can be a positive outcome, or great lesson learned...

Now go get DIRTY!!!!!



Team DIRTY:

Holly:

Here's my text (in case it's hard to read):

On a family trip to Hawaii, I tried scuba diving. It was a lot of money, but it was something I wanted to experience all on my own. The afternoon before the dive I attended a practice at the hotel pool with the scuba gear. It was a cinch as I practiced breathing under water and using my flippers to swim. I thought I was ready - Little did I know the actual practice would be nothing like the real thing.

That morning the boat took us out to 300 feet deep waters and I was already starting to get a little sea sick. But I ignored it and got my gear ready for the dive. In the water the instructor told me to equalize my ears every three feet due to the pressure. I was doing ok until I heard a pop in my ear and I was instantly queazy. I tried equalizing again and nothing happened. The pressure was outrageous, so I went back up to the surface. I attempted yet again with no success. I got back on the boat, feeling defeated and embarrassed.

The boat was anchored but I felt as though everything was spinning. Was this Vertigo? I stood up trying to get my bearings when I ran into the captain. I ended up throwing up all over him. I have never been so humiliated, embarrassed and disappointed in my life. I kept thinking how I wasted good money, and a chance of experiencing something really great. Some idea. Seriously, what was I thinking? If only life had a "rewind" button.

LARA:
LAURAJEAN:
Journaling says: I thought we were friends, that is what I was thinking!! But friends don't betray your trust, friends don't say or act the way you acted, friends don't treat you the way you treated me!! I trusted you completely and now realize that was really stupid on my part, but guess what, my eyes are Wide Open now!!!

AMY:


Team RAW:


Kelly:


15 Dirty Comments:

Nikki Love said...

lovin' the challenge and terrific layouts, gals!!!

Niki_Ray said...

Great Job ladies!!

Dawn said...

Excellent job ladies!
I am always just amazed at what you come up with and always such inspiration!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oooooooh I love this one!!! I could make a whole album on this subject alone.....LOL. The DT examples are amazing too!!!

Laurajean said...

Rockin' layouts ladies...love them all :)

artycrafty said...

great layouts!
Now to get my thinking cap on.

MaRLeNeF said...

Love all the layouts girls, awesome work :)

Peg said...

another great challenge and super inspiration!
Here's mine, I combined it with a challenge from CP4U, hence all the wild paint :-)
http://pegsplaytime.blogspot.com/2010/03/scrapped-all-weekend-1.html

Heather said...

You ladies amaze me with every challenge! Here is mine!

http://hevscrap.blogspot.com/2010/03/dirty-scraps-challenge-6.html

Heather said...

Pinky, Thanks for the comment on this layout! I loved the polka dot dress and bow(that big bald head needed something(kinda like me and my hats! lol). Thanks for pushing me to scrap this kind of stuff, I never would have before Dirty Scraps, I still hide alot of the journaling, but maybe I'll get past that too. And thanks for becoming a follower on my blog! I dont have too many, I appreciate every one of them, but I was quite flattered to see the oh so awesome Pinky on my list!

Pinky said...

hehehe Love it Heather!!!!!

mummymoo said...

Hi all I have been meaning to play for ages and finally got a chance to last night, it is full digital, i hope that is okay, here is the linky thing.....

http://mummymoo.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/dirty-scraps-challenge-6/

Amanda said...

Amazing job, everyone.

Carla said...

all of you girls did a great job on this challenge. Cant wait for the next reveal!

Keepsake's Crafts said...

Hope I'm not too late:
http://keepsakescrafts.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-was-i-thinking.html
~Sarah~